- Adobe, permits the making of domicile structures of mudbrick (unbaked clay), up to 10 feet above the ground, usually structured so that the floor is sunk up to 5 feet below ground level. Allows ceilings up to 15 feet between earthen walls. Includes structures made from subsoil, fibrous organic material and straw.
- Brickwork, enables the making of bricks from raw materials, and the creation of block shapes and vertical walls, and structures, where the height to bed ratio of no more than 10:1, with an overall maximum height of 20 feet.
- Kilnwork I, permits the making of small crude kilns and knowledge of how they are properly cared for and stoked. The skill allows for creating kilns of sufficient heat to anneal and fuse glass and make all forms of ceramics. The study also allows for the making of kilns to dry materials such as tobacco, malt or lumber. Any kiln can be employed by the character.
- Tile-work, enables the making of tiles from raw materials, and the simple covering of floors and roofs, providing a flat surface and structure waterproofing.
- Brick House-making, combines brick, adobe and tile-working skills to make a domicile structure of these materials up to four stories in height, with a height-to-base ratio of no more than 15:1.
- Forge-making, enables the construction of a brick-smithy that will enable the heating and tooling of raw metal.
- Kilnwork II, permits the fabrication of high quality kilns, sufficient to smelt small amounts of ore, heat limestone or act as a crematorium.
- Moulding, the use of ceramic or wooden materials to cover transitions between surfaces or for decoration. Requires additional skill in glazing, metal work or sculpture to give additional decorative quality to moulding.
See Bard Sage Abilities